For me, adventures and challenges come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. I am motivated in the first instance by a combination of physical and mental endeavor, by seeing how my mind and body holds-up in a given situation but also by sharing experiences with others, especially doing so to encourage others to take on their own adventure challenges.
As a husband and father I am passionate about sharing my love for challenge and the outdoors with my family, and a number of these challenges are family focussed micro-adventures – encouraging the kids to foster a love of physical fitness, of being outdoors and showing them that their bodies and minds are amazing things!
Here are just some of my adventures and challenges over the last few years.
Endurance Events –
- Ride London 100
- Velothon Wales
- Railway Ultra
- Man v’s Mountain
- Gower 50 Ultra
- Cotswold Way Ultra 100
Family Adventures –
- Tough Kids
- City 2 Surf Perth (Australia)
- Pen y Fan in the snow
- Wild swimming in the Cotswolds
- Bouldering in North Wales
- Surfing (and pasty eating) in Cornwall
- 50 things to do before you’re 11 ¾
- Kayaking on the Sharpness Canal
Adventure Challenges –
- Cotswold Adventure Challenge – 300km “adventure triathlon” cycling, trail running and kayaking a circular route around the Cotswolds, including running the 165km length of the Cotswold Way, in a weekend.
- Lon Las cycling FKT – in Mach 2018 I will be aiming to complete an FKT (fastest known time) of a UK cycle trail. The trail is close to 500km in length.
- Snowdon48 – multiple back-to-back ascents of Mont Snowdon via the Pyg Track.